Labels

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A neat opportunity...

So the other week Brett was asked to speak at a junior high FCA meeting. We were excited but didn't think to much about it really. Well Brett shared his testimony and I shared a little bit of my testimony as well. He did such an awesome job! After the meeting we both started talking with some of the parents that were there. One of the mom's asked me if I would be interested in talking to a group of high-school girls that she leads in bible study and Sunday school each week. And if you know me I am always open to talking to young women about what God has done in my life in hope's that they would learn from my mistakes. I'm always eager to plant seeds in women!

So I was excited to talk to some girls b/c I had not really had an opportunity like that to be as bold as I want and share as much as I want since I've been at MSU. There were 5 girls and two moms who came to the YMCA last week to play games and listen to what God has laid on my heart to share. After finishing sharing my testimony and the relationships diagram, I had an awesome conversation with one of the mom's. She was such an encouragement and it was so neat to see her heart for these young girls.

I wanted to follow up with one of the girls and spend a little more time with her, so we are hanging out this Sunday afternoon! Please pray for our time together and pray that the Lord will continue to bless us through this opportunity and that He will continue to provide for our financial support in His timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment