Labels

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Delish Banana Bread

So this previous weekend, Brett and I were in Memphis for two days for staff training. For his job we will usually travel to Memphis,TN about once a month for some developmental training. This is always something I really look forward to because I know this is an opportunity to see so many of my friends! So while in Memphis a few of the wives and I went to a little farmer's market just to check out the daily produce. And what do you know caught my eye...8 very ripe banana's for $1. SOLD! I decided I needed to make some banana bread out of these ASAP! And it was so tasty!


In bowl #1: It starts out with one cup of sugar and one melted stick of butter mixed well. Then in the same bowl mix two eggs in separately. 


 In bowl # 2: You will mash 3-4 ripe banana's, 1 tablespoon of milk, and one tablespoon of ground cinnamon.


Next in bowl #3:  I used 2 cups of freshly milled hard red wheat and mixed it with 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt. 


Finally you will combine all three bowls into your largest bowl and mix to combine throughly. 
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Pour your batter into a greased or buttered 9 x 5 bread loaf.  You will let cook for a little over an hour. Begin checking at an hour as all stoves are different. 


Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product. It totally slipped my mind the night I made it and when it was served the next day there was none left to photograph. I always know if my husband like a loaf of bread I make determining on how much is left over after the first and second day. This one didn't make is past day 2!


* this recipe is from Food Network*

No comments:

Post a Comment